Information for Speakers
- Please use the Microsoft PowerPoint 2003, 2010 or 2016* (*.ppt) or (*pptx), or Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf) to guarantee they will open successfully on an on-site PC.
- Keynote is not allowed
- We recommend to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT(X) format instead of PPS.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee the quality of MacIntosh-based presentations; please check in advance (2 hours before your session starts) their Windows compatibility.
- Please prepare your presentation in 16:9.
- JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images. GIF, TIF or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
- Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images should be created at 72-150 dpi. Try to avoid overloading your presentation with unnecessary images.
- In case you have any videos in your presentation – please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the Videos in .mp4, .avi, .wmv and MPEG-1 format should work with no difficulties.
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of your presentation.
- Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma
- If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation, see details below:
- Click on „File“, then „Save As“
- Check the „Tools“ menu and select „Embed True Type Fonts“
How to save your presentation
- Please save your presentation in one of the following:
- External portable hard drive
- USB flash drive
- Save all files associated with your presentation (PowerPoint file, movie / video files, etc.) to one folder / location.
Submit your presentation on-site
- All presentations have to be submitted at the Media Check onsite at least 60 minutes’ prior your session.
- In case your speech has been scheduled for morning session please come to the Media Check one day before the day of your presentation.
- During your lecture you will be using a Remote Control incl. presenter for controlling your presentation
- The use of own notebooks is not permitted!
- In case of any question or technical problem please contact the congress staff which is permanently available in the conference room.